With one of the largest public health crises upon us, our goal should be to safely vaccinate as many women, men, and gender-diverse people as possible, equitably, efficiently, and effectively, to maximise the protective benefits of COVID-19 vaccines. In this online session you’ll learn about:
- How gender-related barriers, inequities in communities and health systems negatively affect access to health services, including vaccination
- What are the consequences of neglecting gender-related barriers in COVID-19 vaccine deployment
- Ensuring gender equality and equity in the deployment of COVID-19 vaccines
- How gaps in vaccination coverage hinder the achievement of population-level immunity needed to curb the pandemic.
-Dr Lavanya Vijayasingham, Post-doctoral fellow from UNU-IIGH
- Professor Helia Molina Dean from the Faculty of Medical Sciences at the University of Santiago de Chile
- Dr Sarojini Nadimpally, Co-founder of Sama Resource Group for Women and Health